The Trustees of Plymouth Colony Condominium have adopted a fine schedule for Rules and Regulation Violations. The first offense will result in a warning letter to the unit owner. The second offense will result in a fine of $50.00 being charged to the unit. A third offense will result in a fine of $100.00 being charge to the unit. Fines are collectable as Condominium fees under Massachusetts general law. All costs associated collection, including late fee, penalties and attorney costs, will be charged to the unit.
If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to call the office @ 508-746-7140, email email@example.com, or contact the property manager at 4-6 Chapel Hill Drive, Plymouth, MA 02360.
The following Rules and Regulations (adopted 2010) are for the benefit of all residents and are necessary to provide an enjoyable co-existence for all. Due to the increased damage and abuse of the common areas of Plymouth Colony Condominium the Trustees have pursuant to their authority have voted for and accepted the following rules, regulations, and fines for Plymouth Colony Condominium.
- Keys: It is strongly encouraged that the management office have a duplicate key to your unit. This allows access in case of an emergency, when having the annual fire alarm system tested, and/or a lockout. Plymouth Colony Condominiums will not be responsible for any damage incurred to your unit due to your failure to provide a spare key.
- No Obstruction of Common Areas: Unit owners/residents and/or guests shall not cause nor shall they suffer obstruction of common areas and facilities except as the Trustees may in specific instances expressly permit. This includes but is not limited to leaving trash or personal items in hallway or stairwell.
- Pets: The Trustees may require any unit owner/resident/guests not to bring pet on common areas which the Trustees in their sole judgment, determines unreasonably interferes with the use of the common areas by other unit owners/residents/guests. Dogs need to be leashed at all times unless in the dark park area and you must always pick up after your dog. Anyone that chooses to use the dog park does so solely at the risk of the unit owner/resident/guest; the Trustees shall in no way be held liable for any injury, loss or damage to pets or person resulting directly in the use of the dog park. There is as of this printing another separate rules and regulations pertaining to pets at Plymouth Colony Condominium that are strictly enforced.
- Radios, TV’s Stereo’s, etc.: The volume of radios, TV’s, stereo’s and the like shall be turned down after 11:00 PM and shall AT ALL TIMES be kept at a sound level which does not annoy the occupants of neighboring units.
- Effect on Insurance: No Unit Owner shall use their Unit in such a fashion as to result in the cancellation of or increase of the cost of insurance maintained by the Trustees for Plymouth Colony Condominiums, excepting that uses resulting in an increase in premiums may be made by specific arrangement with the Trustees providing for the payment of such increased insurance costs by the owner concerned.
- Nameplates: Unit Owners/residents must have their name(s) placed on the building intercom directory.
- Signs: Unit Owners/residents may not rent/lease any Unit for transient purposes nor display “For Sale”, “For Rent” or “For Lease” signs in the windows of their unit, nor shall they place window displays or advertising in the windows with the exception of holiday decorating which must be removed by the end of January.
- Abuse of Mechanical Systems: The Trustees may charge to a Unit Owner any damage to a mechanical, electrical, or other building service systems of the Condominium common areas caused by such unit owner(s) /resident(s) by misuse or vandalism of those systems.
- No Offensive Activity: No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on in any Unit, or in the common areas and facilities, nor shall anything be done therein either willfully and or negligently, which may be or become an annoyance or nuisance to the other unit owners/residents or occupants. No unit owner/resident shall make or permit any disturbing noises by his or herself, family members, servants, employees, agent’s visitors and licensees, nor do or permit anything by such persons that will interfere with the rights.
- Security: At no time should anything be used to keep the main entry doors open.
- Fire Doors: Fire doors are located on every level of each building. Fire doors must not be wedged open. This is a fire department regulation in this state/town.
- Grills: It is strictly against the Massachusetts Fire Prevention Agency as well as the Plymouth Colony Condominiums regulations to use or store propane a charcoal grill on a balcony. Grills when used outside/away from common areas must be 25′ away from any building and with adult supervision at all times.
- Balconies: Balconies shall not be used for storage, i.e. bicycles, toys, and no articles such as laundry, rugs, drapes, clothing, mats, and the like may be hung from them or out of any windows, with the exception of flower boxes and holiday decorations which must be removed by the end of January. If you do not have a balcony, you may not place any articles such as statues, bird baths, rock gardens, etc. outside your window. The planting of flowers is also not allowed.
- Laundry Room: Laundry room hours are from 8:00AM to 10:00PM only. Laundry must be removed from machines in a timely fashion as to allow other residents use of the facilities or they may be removed be other residents. Laundry is for residents only not outside guests or residents from other buildings.
- Trash Containers/Dumpsters: Trash facilities are for the express use of Plymouth Colony Condominiums Residents only. For the removal or large items, contact Mass Waste.
- Vehicle and Parking: Only two (2) vehicles per unit are allowed. Only one commercial vehicle, if it is your only source of transportation, and does not exceed three tons, will be allowed on the property. Vehicles must park in their assigned spaces and not use a visitor space leaving their assigned space open. Vehicles are only to park in the designated lined/marked areas. Parking in the fire lanes is not permitted. The fire lanes must be accessible at all times for emergency rescue vehicles. Parking in front of the trash containers/dumpsters is also not allowed. Any vehicle which denies the access of the rubbish trucks for the purpose of removing the rubbish will be towed at the owner’s expense and a fine attached to the unit. Double parking behind another vehicle is not permitted.
- Storage/parking: The storage of boats, trailers, jet skis, or the parking of camper buses is not allowed. Unregistered, uninspected, uninsured and non-operating vehicles are not allowed on the property; they will be towed after proper notification at the Unit Owner’s expense & a fine attached to the Unit.
- Pool Rules: All persons using the pool area are to do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. The Trustees of Plymouth Colony Condominiums assume no responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use. Persons using the pool agree with the owner’s and Trustees for and in consideration of the use of the pool as an added facility to make no claim against the owners or Trustees for or on account of, any loss of life, personal injury or damage to be clearly proved resulted from and approximately caused by the direct negligence of the owners, his agents, servants or employees, in the operation upon the property of which the leased premises are a part. See separate pool rules.
- Tennis Courts/Play Area: Use of the tennis courts/play area shall be subject to rules and regulations established by the Trustees from time to time of which the Unit Owners are given notice. Notice may be given by posting at the tennis courts/play area, as the case may be, or by other method reasonably calculated to inform the Unit Owners thereof. Unit Owners shall at all times be responsible for the conduct of any guest permitted at the tennis courts/play area. Anyone that chooses to use the tennis courts/play area does so solely at the risk of the Unit Owner/Resident/Guest, the Trustees shall in no way be held liable for any injury, loss, or damage to pets, person or personal property resulting directly in the use of the tennis courts/play area. The use of sidewalk chalk may be used in the play area, not in the parking lots or on the sidewalks around buildings.
- Picnic Area/Grill Use: Use of the picnic area shall be subject to rules and regulations established by the trustees from time to time of which the unit owners are given notice. Notice may be give by posting at the tennis courts / play area, as the case may be, or by other method reasonably calculated to inform the unit owners there of. Unit owners shall at all times be reasonable for the conduct of any guest permitted at the tennis courts / play area.
- Windows/Sliders: Due to the high cost of energy, windows and sliders must be closed between November 1st and April 30th. It is the responsibility of unit owners to prove the heating system in Unit is malfunctioning if it is reported the windows/sliders are left open. Window air conditioner units must be removed from all windows no later than November 1st.
- Smoking: There is absolutely no smoking allowed in the hallways of the buildings. When smoking outside, you must be mindful of smoke entering any open windows of residents. If smoking anywhere outside, including balconies, parking lots, and steps or walking around, please discard your cigarettes properly and safely.
- Snow Removal: The plowing/snow removal contractor will keep the main road and walkways open during a snowstorm. We ask that you as an owner/resident; be attentive to when snow plows are around your parking area(s) and move your vehicle(s) so that the plows can effectively clear the parking lots/areas. Any vehicles left in a visitor or unmarked parking spot after a snow storm, will be towed at the owner’s expense as well as being assessed a fine.
- Driving: As long as the main road through the Plymouth Colony Condominiums complex remains a one-way road, it is expected that all owners/residents/guests comply by driving the proper way as well as complying with the speed limit of 10 miles per hour to ensure the safety of others including children riding bicycles and pedestrians crossing the road.
Fines: Failure to comply with any of the rules and regulations may result in a fine attached to the Unit. Fines will be $50.00 for first offense after warning, $100.00 for second offense, $150.00 for third offense. Four offenses and beyond will be determined by Trustees. Fines of $100.00 will be issued for the first offense on certain offenses.
Master Deed: Any items of the Master Deed of Plymouth Colony Condominiums, which are not listed above, will also be enforced. Unit owners are responsible to provide a copy of the rules and regulations, Master Deed, registration forms to their tenants at all times. Failure to do so is in violation of the Master Deed and will subject to fines attached to their unit.